Netgear router have 2 WiFi channels, 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Some latest Netgear routers also have a 6GHz WiFi channel. In general, Netgear routers are configured to use a 2.4GHz WiFi channel. This works well for most users. Depending upon the network requirement, a 2.4GHz channel is used and 5GHz or 6GHz channel is used based on the region. In the event you’re experiencing WiFi interference, then you can manually change the WiFi channel on your Netgear router by accessing the Netgear Nighthawk router login page. This guide will tell you about why and how to change the WiFi channel on a Netgear router. Read on.
Why to Change Netgear Router WiFi Channel?
You should consider changing the Netgear router WiFi channel, if you are going through the situations mentioned ahead:
- Issues with the WiFi connection of your router
- Frequent lost connections
- Slow data transfer
- Experiencing WiFi interference
- Multiple WiFi networks are running around
- There are multiple access points or routers in the home
- You want to improve the WiFi coverage
How to Change Netgear Router WiFi Channel?
The WiFi channel deeply affects the network performance. Netgear suggests using the default WiFi channel on your router unless you are in dire need of changing one. If you are experiencing interference in the current WiFi channel, then consider changing the WiFi channel. You can use the WiFi Analytics tools in the Netgear Nighthawk app to determine which channel has the minimum interference. Try changing different channels and see which one works best for you. The ultimate goal should be choosing the settings that avoid WiFi interference from other networking devices.
Here is how you can change the WiFi channel on a Netgear router:
- Get near your Netgear router and plug the power adapter into the wall socket.
- Turn the power button on. Wait till the lights are stable.
- Now power up your computer or laptop and access the home WiFi.
- Fire up an internet browser that is running on the latest version.
- In the URL bar of the latest browser, type routerlogin.net and hit Enter.
- The Netgear router login window will open up now.
- In the designated fields on the login window, type the username and password correctly without making any typos.
- Click on the Log In button.
- The door to the Netgear Genie dashboard will be unlocked and you will be navigated to the Basic Home page.
- Click on Wireless to open the Wireless Settings page.
- Now select your region from the Region menu. This setting cannot be changed in some locations.
- You now need to scroll down to the wireless band that you want to change to. For instance, if you want to choose a 5 GHz channel, scroll down to the 5GHz section.
- Select the channel number from the Channel menu.
- Click on Apply and your channel settings will be saved.
That’s it! You have changed the WiFi channel on your Netgear router.
Change WiFi Channel Using Nighthawk App
You can also use the Netgear Nighthawk app to access the Nighthawk login admin page to change the WiFi channel on your Netgear router. The process goes as follows:
- Unlock your smartphone first.
- If you haven’t downloaded the Nighthawk app yet, then get to the App Store or the Play Store depending on your phone OS.
- Download the Nighthawk app by searching here and tapping on the correct search result.
- Tap on the Nighthawk app icon when the app gets installed to launch it.
- Type the username and password and tap on the Log In button to log in.
- Once you reach the Basic Home page, you need to follow the similar steps that are provided in the above method.
The Closing Note
This is how you can change the WiFi channel on your Netgear router. Consider changing the location of the Netgear router if you are facing network interference. Place it away from the devices that operate on similar frequency bands. If this does not get the issue fixed and improve your WiFi experience then consider changing the WiFi channel of your Netgear router manually by using any of the above mentioned methods in this article.