“I recently bought a Netgear Nighthawk AC1000 WiFi router. No doubt it is the best device to opt today to have access to blazing-fast internet connection all over the home. But, after Netgear AC1000 setup, I started experiencing issues with it. And, one such issue is “Netgear Nighthawk keeps dropping WiFi” issue. Please help me to deal with the issue. I am really worried! If the router continues to drop WiFi as like my existing device, then what is the purpose of buying it?”
First of all, we would like to congratulate your for buying Netgear Nighthawk AC1000 router. Secondly, stay poised because we won’t let your internet experience to get ruined. Here, we are going to provide you the topmost solutions following which fixes the issue will be a fun as playing hide-and-seek with children for you. Thus, without further ado, let’s dig a little deeper and learn how to get rid of the issue at hand. Keep reading!
Fixed: Nighthawk Keeps Dropping WiFi
Reboot Your Nighthawk AC1000
Rebooting the Nighthawk device is meant for giving a fresh start to your Nighthawk WiFi router. So, before you try any other troubleshooting tip to get the issue fixed, give your router a rest, a fresh start by rebooting it once.
Note: You can apply this process to your Nighthawk router every month or 15 days (even getting no technical issues with it).
Here are the steps required to reboot your Netgear Nighthawk router:
- First things first, disconnect your Netgear Nighthawk router from your internet modem.
- Thereafter, unplug your Nighthawk device from the power socket.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Now, you can plug the Nighthawk router in and reconnect it with your internet modem.
Once you are done rebooting your AC1000 device, check if you are still getting “Netgear Nighthawk keeps dropping WiFi” issue. If yes, take the help of the next troubleshooting hack provided in the next section.
Verify the AC1000-Modem Connection
Another reason why you are experiencing the issue is because of improper or loose connection between your Netgear Nighthawk AC1000 router and modem. Therefore, make sure that the connection between your devices is secure and strong enough. In simple words, if you have used an Ethernet cable for making a connection between them, ensure that:
- The connection is proper and finger-tight
- Ethernet cable is not damaged or worn out from anywhere
- The cable is connected into the correct ports of AC1000 and modem
After connecting the devices in a proper way, verify the same by accessing Netgear router default IP.
Check the AC1000 Power Supply
Maybe your Netgear Nighthawk AC1000 router is not getting an adequate and uninterrupted power supply due to which it is continuously giving you “Netgear Nighthawk keeps dropping WiFi” issue.
No worries! Get the issue fixed at hand by providing a steady power supply to your Nighthawk router. Moreover, also ensure that the wall socket you are using for your AC1000 device is not damaged.
Reset Your AC1000
None of the hacks listed above bring you luck? Did you nod in yes? If so, then please wipe out those worry lines from your forehead and try this last hack.
Yes, resetting is one of the most effective remedies to fix many big issues with your Netgear Nighthawk router, including the one you are currently experiencing.
Look, it seems like you haven’t completed the Netgear AC1000 setup in a proper way. You don’t know but improper router configuration will surely push your Nighthawk router into the ocean of issues. Thus, resetting can help!
Follow the instructions highlighted below and learn how to reset your Netgear Nighthawk router back to factory default values at hand:
- Look for the reset hole on your Netgear Nighthawk AC1000 router.
- Also, disconnect it (the AC1000 device) from the internet modem (temporary process).
- “Do I have to unplug my Nighthawk router as well?” A question asked by one of our Nighthawk router user. And, we replied no! A continuous and uninterrupted power supply is very important to complete the Nighthawk router reset process with ease.
- Now, press the AC1000’s reset hole and wait for a few seconds.
- Release the Nighthawk router’s reset hole and connect the router to your internet modem again via same source i.e. Ethernet.
Fab! You are successfully done with resetting your Netgear Nighthawk AC1000 router. Now, perform Netgear AC1000 setup from scratch using the WPS method, manual method, or following the instructions provided on the Nighthawk app.
The Last Words
Getting “Netgear Nighthawk keeps dropping WiFi” issue is quite common to experience these days. This can be due to poor internet connectivity as well. However, you can take the help of your internet service provider to get the internet-related issue get fixed. On the off chance if you are still struggling with the same issue even after getting the most out of your internet speed, following the fixes provided in this post will be of great help to you.