Linksys AC750 RE6300 extender can be set up in both modes i.e. extender mode and access point mode. It is one of the most useful features of the Linksys RE6300 WiFi range extender. In this post, we are going to discuss the Linksys extender setup procedure of RE6300 in the access point mode. Continue reading.
Before the setup and installation, let’s discuss about the access point mode.
What Exactly Access Points Are
Access points are devices characterized to make a wireless local area network. In other words, the RE6300 extender can be connected to your network router or switch via an Ethernet cable.
What distinguishes it from the range extender mode is that you only set up a wireless connection with your switch and network router. After that, it starts sending the incoming WiFi signal from the router all over the network.
Provided that the connection with the router is wired in case of access point mode, so there will be negligible losses. On the other hand, in the extender mode, there is a wireless connection between the router and Linksys extender. It results in the more signal losses as compared to the access point mode.
Necessary Things for Linksys RE6300 Extender Setup
- An accessible WiFi connection
- An Ethernet cable to make a connection between the Linksys extender and router
- The WiFi name and password
Once you have the aforesaid things, proceed further with the Linksys RE6300 AC750 setup steps given below.
Linksys RE6300 AC750 Setup in the Access Point Mode
It entirely depends on your network that whether you should set up your Linksys WiFi extender in the extender mode or access point mode. For example, if you are going to use your wireless extender for your home network, install it as an extender. However, on the off chance that you plan to set up your extender for business network, you can go with the extender installation in the access point mode.
The main reason behind this is that the extender supports less than 20 connections in the range extender mode while the extender can have 60 simultaneous connections in the access point mode.
Yeah! That makes a huge difference.
So to install the extender as an access point using http //extender.linksys.com, follow the instructions outlined below:
- Whether you are setting up your Linksys range extender in the access point mode or the extender mode, the first step remains the same i.e. power on your extender.
- Make a wired connection between the Linksys RE6300 extender and network router using an Ethernet cable. For this step, your router must be installed properly using the Linksys smart WiFi setup.
- Thereafter, connect any wireless device such as computer to the Linksys extender network.
- The next step is to access a web browser on that device. Type extender.linksys.com in the URL bar on the left-hand side and hit enter key.
- Input the login details i.e. user ID and password in the provided fields and click on the login button.
- After logging in, click on the start setup button.
- Now, you will be asked the mode in which you wish to set up your Linksys AC750 RE6300 WiFi range extender. Simply select the access point option and click on next.
- Prior to going forward to the next step, make sure that you have set up an Ethernet connection between your network router and Linksys extender.
- You will be asked now to establish an extended network. This is the network which your access point will transmit. Once done, click next.
- Make an admin password for this extended WiFi network and click on the save button.
There you are! Your Linksys RE6300 WiFi range extender has successfully set up as an Access Point. You will also get a confirmation message for the same.
Hopefully, this article will prove helpful to you in making your Linksys access point setup complete without any issue.